Notice to customers making overseas remittances
Recently, measures implemented to prevent money laundering and the supply of funds to terrorist organizations have become increasingly important in response to the increase of terrorism, etc. in the international society. Shinsei Bank is also striving to implement and uphold such measures.
In order to continue offering customers a convenient overseas remittance service while also performing necessary checks relating to remittances, in July 2018 we released our popular GoRemit smartphone application (hereinafter, "GoRemit app") which allows all procedures to be done online.
On the other hand, we will cease to accept remittance requests by Shinsei PowerCall (call center) or at the Bank Counter from 1st October 2019, and all transactions of overseas remittances will be accepted online via our GoRemit app only. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Additionally, in order to perform the necessary checks relating to remittances, when making a remittance request to a pre-registered beneficiary via telephone in the period up until 30th September 2019, we may request that customers submit evidential documentation showing the validity of the source of funds and purpose of remittance. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
- Documents submitted by customers will be kept by Shinsei Bank.
- Overseas remittances may be rejected in the event of failure to cooperate with our inquires or due to the result of our internal screening based on information received. We appreciate your understanding.
With the GoRemit app, overseas remittances can be made directly from customers' Shinsei PowerFlex account. We recommend using the GoRemit app for future remittances.
- Customers must apply to use the GoRemit app.
Main features of the GoRemit app.
- Register beneficiary accounts
- Submit necessary documents online via the app
- Make remittance requests
- Check remittance history