GAICA Flex Prepaid Card
A Visa prepaid card you can use in Japan, online or in a store
Tips and Support
APLUS Member-Only Site
You can check your balance, change your card limits, etc. on the APLUS Member-Only Site.
- Card Balance & Card Activity
- Changing your registered details.
- Change of Limits
- Suspending/Cancelling your card (Change of Status)
- Reregistering your Login Password
You can also register changes to your address, e-mail address etc.
You can access the APLUS Member-Only Site here.
The GAICA Flex's IC chip prevents skimming (illegal copying) of your card.
With Visa payWave, payments can be made by simply touching your card against the reader. The card never leaves your hand!
Every time you spend the fund using GAICA Flex, an e-mail "Card usage information" will be sent to your registered e-mail address.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can check out Frequently Asked Questions and details regarding procedures from APLUS FAQ page.
"GAICA Prepaid Card"
GAICA Customer Service Desk 03-6743-2798
Business Hours: 9:30 am - 5:30 pm (Excluding Sundays and National Holidays)
APLUS website: www.aplus.co.jp
GAICA Prepaid Card Official website: www.gaica.jp
"GAICA Flex Prepaid Card
SBI Shinsei Bank, Ltd.
Business Hours: 8:30 am- 17:30 pm Weekdays and Saturdays (Excluding bank holidays during year-end/new year's)
SBI Shinsei Bank Website: www.sbishinseibank.co.jp/english/
GAICA Prepaid Card
- GAICA Prepaid Card (hereinafter the "Card") is the services which APLUS Co., Ltd. (hereinafter "APLUS") provides, and is not a product of SBI Shinsei Bank, Limited (hereinafter the "Bank").
- The Card is not a product provided for remittances carried out by banks, etc. including the Bank.
- The Card does not constitute the acceptance of deposits, savings, or installment savings. (You can't load cash directly.)
- The Card is not subject to the payment of insurance prescribed in the Deposit Insurance Act or in the Agricultural and Fishery Cooperation Savings Insurance Act.
- A system of security deposits for providing the services with the Card (hereinafter "Security Deposits") is established under the Payment Services Act in order to ensure the protection of the Members*. *The term "Member" shall refer to the person whom APLUS provides with the Card and authorizes to use the Card. APLUS makes a Security Deposit as follows for the issuance of the Card.
- Method of a statutory deposit: Money
- Official depository: the Osaka Legal Affairs Bureau
- The Members shall have the right to receive payments with regard to the amount of the remaining balance on the Card for the return of Security Deposit in the procedures related to the execution of the right under the Payment Service Act.
- The Bank shall receive applications only for the Card with Flex Function. The applications for the Card are accepted only through the online banking service of the Bank, PowerDirect. Please note that applications for the Card on telephones or at branches will not be accepted.
The Bank does not assume any responsibility even if applications via PowerDirect are not accepted due to problems in the computer systems, etc.
- After issuing the Card, all transactions effected through the use of the Card are handled only by APLUS, and the Bank shall not take any responsibility whatsoever. Regarding transactions with the Card and the important information such as fee schedule of the Card, visit the APLUS website. For inquiries or questions, please contact APLUS.
Regarding foreign currency deposits
- As the conversion rates of foreign currencies into yen (foreign exchange rates) fluctuate, foreign exchange deposits carry a risk of loss of yen denominated principal resulting from exchange rate fluctuations when converting foreign currencies back into yen.
- In the event of high market volatility, system malfunctions, etc., the foreign exchange rates applied by the Bank may differ significantly from prevailing market rates. Customers are urged to confirm the foreign exchange rates to be applied to any such transactions.
- Foreign exchange fees apply when depositing/withdrawing yen into/out of foreign currency accounts. Unconventional currency exchange fees may be applied in the event of drastic foreign exchange rate fluctuations or when major markets are closed. The maximum rates of such one-way exchange fees and round-turn exchange fees are 5.5 yen per unit and 11 yen per unit respectively. For a direct non-yen cross currency exchange, the foreign exchange fees will be 0.02 multiplied by one of the currencies.
- There is a risk of loss of yen denominated principal due to the application of foreign currency exchange fees and applied interest rates, even if foreign exchange rates do not fluctuate.
- Preferred rates of Step Up program are applied to transactions changing yen to a foreign currency and vice versa. (n.b. Preferred rates are not applicable to transactions between non yen foreign currencies or when the outstanding foreign currencies balance is converted to yen as part of closing an account. Additionally, preferred rates are not applicable in exchanging currencies or paying interest in the PowerSupport Plus program, or purchasing foreign currencies through the PowerBuilder program.)
- Foreign currency deposits are not guaranteed by deposit insurance.
- In principle, foreign currency denominated time deposits may not be cancelled before maturity. However, in the event the Bank recognizes extraordinary circumstances and deems the cancellation of foreign currency denominated time deposits before maturity as unavoidable, only principal amounts will be refunded (interest thereon will not be honored).
- Interest is subject to 20.315% withholding tax (national tax 15.315% and local tax 5%). The fractional figure of the after-tax interest rate shall be rounded down.
- Principal and interest of foreign currency time deposits shall be credited into PowerFlex savings deposits of the same currency on the maturity date without converting into another currency. The savings deposit interest rate for the same currency will be applied on and after the maturity date.
- Cash in foreign currencies and foreign currency remittances are not available at our branches.
- Fees will be charged for foreign currency remittances.
- Handling Fee will be charged for incoming foreign exchange remittances.
- Application to GoRemit overseas remittance service must be made before making foreign currency remittances.
- Before investing in foreign currency deposits customers should carefully read the product description of foreign currency deposits (pre-contract document) that is available in the Bank branches and online so that they can fully understand characteristics of the foreign currency deposits.