Handling of Anonymously Processed Information
In order to provide higher value-added products and services to our customers, SBI Shinsei Bank will create and provide Anonymously Processed Information (i.e. masked data)(※1) for the following information the Bank owns by implementing appropriate masking standards stipulated by the Personal Information Protection Law and provide the information to third parties in a continuous manner.
※1 What is Anonymously Processed Information?
Anonymously Processed Information is personal information processed to prevent identification of specific individuals and restoration of the subject personal information.
Reference: Guidelines Regarding the Personal Information Protection Law (Personal Information Protection Committee)
Information items related to individuals
- Attribute information such as gender, age (age group), occupation (sector) and address (residence area)
- Contract information such as the type of the contract, dates of application and contract and terms and conditions of the contract
- Transaction information such as the details, amount and balance of the transaction
- Information needed for making decisions on and managing the transaction such as annual income, spending, assets, liabilities, appraisal information, the history of using other products and services gathered by the Bank and debt repayment status (excluding the credit information obtained from personal credit information agencies)
Example of Anonymously Processed Information※2
|Item||Before Masking||Item||After Masking|
|Address||4-3, Nihonbashi Muromachi 2-chome, Chuo Ward, Tokyo||Residence area||Chuo Ward, Tokyo|
|Age||52||Age group||50 - 54|
|Annual income||JPY5.18M||Annual income range||JPY5M-6M|
※2 The above is one example of data masking and is not intended to limit data masking methods used by SBI Shinsei Bank.
Method of providing Anonymously Processed Information
We will encrypt our data file and provide the Information using the following security-implemented method.
- Upload the Information so that third parties can use the Anonymously Processed Information.